Thursday, April 9, 2015

Final Service Reflection - The Pursuit of Happiness

My service the Pursuit of Happiness aim is to create awareness about people and situations that have not been able to tell their stories. We also focus on the generating a meaning of conveying our messages. This year y part in the service is focusing on the service group that works with the Lanka Alzheimer's Foundation Centre in Colombo, Sri Lanka. I have spent this year getting to know that people who run the service project at school and the people that they visit at the centre. I am happy to say that I have helped create awareness about a serious issue of global importance and to have been able to personally encage with the area as well. I was really happy that this year I was able to work collaboratively with others in their service groups and help them help us promote the true aims of the groups and create a wider scale awareness for the better of all those involved. 




No comments:

Post a Comment